- We are almost having summer here. Summer, with golden red leaves in the trees and brown ones on the ground.
- I let Irritating Little Chihuahua out the front door the other night, and both of us got a bit freaked out by the sound of footsteps in the deep crinkling leaves at the back of the house. She came right back in and I went to face the unknown out the back door, where my flashlight highlighted a possum. Just how does a possum walk in leaves and make footstep sounds? Gaffer said it was a hoppin’ possum.
- It has been raining in Indiana, which means I have problems getting on line and can, yet again, listen in on my neighbors phone calls and they, mine. Gotta love Indiana.
- Twenty-three year old, Gaffer, is working now. In the last months, he has applied for a job in every city within a fifty mile radius. He got, exactly, one call back. After two interviews, he began working as a cashier at a Cracker Barrel and is now up for his first raise. He is delighted. He is a good worker and in January, he begins his training to take his Master’s Electrician license.
- The twenty year old, EMT, was looking for a job. He has signed his enlistment papers to join the Army and goes to basic in January so thought he would not be able to find a job to fill-in for a couple of months. He was happy to find a job with NTN in Columbus, IN. They make drive shafts, I believe. He starts on Monday. We have thought, for some time, that would be a good fit for the military. Will I worry? Yes! But, no more than when he was a volunteer fireman or getting his woodland fire fighter certificate.
- And, the games continue. Tonight they are playing Trivial Pursuit. It is as noisy as Risk. I do believe they have all realized that life, as it tends to do, will be evolving very soon and are making memories and enjoying each other’s company.
Gaffer may be here for a year, or more, but once he has his Master’s Electrician License, he will be off to points where there are sets and stages that need electricians. EMT will be in the Army for four years and Jake, formerly known as JRock and less formerly known as JCountry, will be off to Nashville, TN in a couple of years. His choice is either Diesel Mechanic and/or guitar/singer.
Right now, the little ladies who shop in Nashville, Indiana love Jake and are overwhelmed by the depth of his voice, with their claps and a few tips too.