Yes, I am here and alive. I had a bad week, month, going on six months; still fighting my insurance. HIP (The Healthy Indiana Plan) tells me I am insured. Anthem, however, chooses to deny me coverage and has gone so far as to even stop debiting my monthly payment. SOOOOOO!!!
I left home. Seriously, I have gone to my “zone of protection bubble.” Did you know that the zone of protection bubble is in South Bend? That is why President Busch came here three or four times before his campaign and why President Obama has already been here twice. They know where the “zone of protection bubble” is.
I do not have to open the mail, and find bad news, in my zone. I do not have a land line phone in South Bend. I do not turn on my cell phone in South Bend. I am in my zone.
What do you do in South Bend, when you are in your Zone of Protection, you ask?
- You take a two hour ride on the South Shore train, Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District.
- You walk in Chicago. Choose Chicago – the official visitors site for Chicago | explore now. I love Chicago. It was good just to get off the train and smell Chicago. I could smell Chicago air blindfolded.
- You go the the Museum of Science and Industry Welcome to The Museum of Science and Industry and discover that someone has stolen the Museum and left a cheap imitation in its place.
- Except for Earth Revealed. That was great. Museum of Science and Industry | What’s Here | Exhibits | Earth Revealed
- You go to the Harry Potter exhibit, Museum of Science and Industry | What’s Here | Exhibits | Harry Potter: The Exhibitionwhich is only attached to the Museum by a tent and have the most wonderful adventure. Hehehe, this is a teaser. I am in my zone and so I can tease you and only write the details later!!
- You flirt with a totally young, and probably gay man at the Museum and walk away feeling twenty years younger. He gave us our guided tour speaker thingies.
- And all of the above was just one day.
- You also go and eat breakfast at Welcome to LePeep. And, no that is not a chicken restaurant, although I have a great chicken picture from the Museum to share.
- Then, you go to http://www.sbchocolate.com/ South Bend Chocolate Company, tell them they should give you free truffles because you send business their way on your blog and they laugh as they hand you your Aztec (Mexican) hot chocolate and 1/2 pound of dark chocolate truffles and your bill. (worth a try!)
- And, then, your zone (a/k/a Master’s Daughter) gives you the most relaxing part of your journey. You get your first pedicure and ask the Chinese gentleman if he will marry you because no one has ever rubbed your feet like that.
- You also get to talk to your Army Grandson, who is in Kuwait.
- You get asked to go shopping by your “Hollister” grandson. They chased him down the hall at the mall one day and asked him to work for them, since they said he had “their look.”
- Then, you watch a “girlie” movie, Love Actually. The first of several for my zone visit
- AND, you get to do some of this while viewing things on high speed access that you never get to see at home, on dial-up, with a party line.
There are no party lines, they have not lost electricity once, and the mail doesn’t come for me here. Did I mention I do not have to open the mail???
So, while I am at the zone, I may or I may not write on my blog. Well, I actually have, because I am writing this. The rental people want their car back Saturday. I’m not sure what is with that, but they made me tell them exactly what day to have it back.
In my Zone I do not have to make decisions.