I have trouble sleeping. Not just sleeping, but also staying awake. At times, I fall asleep with my head on my keyboard. I usually fall asleep in moving cars (fortunately only once while I was driving), and I tend to doze off when visiting people or sitting. The only time I don’t fall asleep is at night.
Since my mother, age 88, has always gone to bed around four am and gotten up around six, I think this may be something in our DNA. She has been observed falling asleep twice while standing. Perhaps we were the watchmen/women for the tribe of cavemen we belonged to. It was up to us to keep sabre tooth tigers at bay. Now, all it gets me is angry snorts from the dog, who also refuses to move over when I finally am ready to sleep.
I was recently put on a CPap machine. (Officially, I wake up 7 1/2 times an hour and 80 times during REM sleep. And, we wondered why I remembered my strange dreams so well!) The machine really worked for about two days. Then, I turned the heat up for the water a notch and slept great for about four days. I’m up to five on the heated water thing and am thinking by 10 maybe it will just boil my lungs and I can sleep.
Anyway, here I sit, having reformatted my computer yesterday and with barely anything on it, but the internet, and I am learning so much. What did you learn, you ask! Oh, come on, pretend you care even a little bit.
- There is a reason people find these cute names for their blogs. Anyone who uses their real name eliminates all the fodder that their family gives them for blogging. I mean, when you name it Braindebris, you don’t have to tell anyone who Braindebris is (It’s my daughter by the way, but don’t tell anyone.) But, naming your blog savanvleck, kind of ruins the anonimity you want for telling on your relatives.
- This is for the times when you realize that Facebook has educated you to the fact that you are staunchly liberal and the rest of your family loves Sarah Palin, and that if your sister asks you one more time, to declare your love for something, you are going to….. Frankly, I think I am exempt because I, obviously, was stolen from the Gypsies as a child.
- Why can’t we have two Facebooks. One for people who want to stay in touch with other people and see pictures of their children and another for people who are looking for radishes for their imaginary farm?
- When you format your computer (and since I have done this like every three months this year, I should have known this, but, when you do, you lose your favorites and stay up till 3am searching for things like, “Librarian+Seattle+Blog” to try and replace the bloggers who must be your real family because they laugh at the same things you do.
- Of course, since it is 3:00am, after you have spent three hours searching, you realize that you blogged about the science teacher who blogs a fascinating science fact every day (Mr. Barlow’s Blog) and have a link in your own blog to him. I imagine I might have realized that sooner at 3:pm.
- My computer, a Dell Inspiron 1545 (who before I trash talk Dell, I will say, has the most awesome customer service on the face of the earth) has many flaws. See numerous previous posts for those rantings. But, the most irritating one I was left with (warranty is now up) is that I type over 100 wpm and for some reason the cursor jumps around all on it’s own. So, I will be typing away and realize that the cursor is now two lines above where it was and I am typing stuff in the middle of another sentence. Well, this format I did the smart thing and I downloaded new drivers for the touchpad, first thing. It has not done the jumping around thing all day. Fingers crossed!
- That I still do not remember how to post links well on WordPress.
- Well, folks, that wonderful little pill I took two hours ago is starting to work. I guess it is time to fight the Chihuahua for the bed. Sweet dreams in your REM sleep.