If you have any doubt left in your mind or heart about the Egyptian people, consider this:
- They did not sit home and complain and gripe.
- They did not get violent and destroy other people’s property, or loot stores, or burn cars.
- What they did was fairly peaceably let their government know that they had enough and they were not going to take it anymore.
- What they did, was to protect property, including the museum’s property, from the small minority of violent jerks.
- And, what are they doing now?
They are cleaning Tahrir square. They have taken their country back and are doing something positive for their country.
Gee, sounds just like the American’s doesn’t it?????
Last time I went to the theatre, no one even bothered taking their own cup and popcorn trash with them. There was more garbage on the floors than in Tahrir square and they left it for the owner to clean.
How often have you seen civil discourse, in America, turn into riot and property destruction?
How many of your relatives are sitting on their butts and complaining about “Obamacare,” without trying to find an answer for those who cannot afford health care? How many of them “just say no” rather than learning a new word, like “compromise?”
But, you know what???? The Egyptians did it. IT WORKED!!!! Congratulations, people of Egypt. You are one classy lot of people.