I love Inside the Actors Studio . Which, by the way, this website (the one I found) has not been updated since April of 2007.
At the end of every interview, James Lipton asks the following questions, based on French television personality Bernard Pivot, after the Proust Questionnaire – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, which is actually much longer.
So, I get to play “pretend actor” and answer the questions today.
The ten questions Lipton asks are:
1. What is your favorite word? Knowledge
2. What is your least favorite word? Adjunct – just say it, it’s an ugly word and it’s an insulting term: “a thing added to something else, but secondary or not essential to it.” I mean, no one wants to be considered “not essential.”
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Being out of doors/outside
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? narrow minded bigots (DEFINED: All Bigots are narrow minded. But, all narrow minded people are not bigots. Either one turns me off.)
5. What sound or noise do you love? Musical Instruments and ‘ flat’ notes
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Complaining (Gosh, I should have eliminated all those posts about my move.)
7. What is your favorite curse word? Shit
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Classical Musician
9. What profession would you not like to do? Being stuck in an office.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “You are so right. I could never be that mean.”